how to block a program’s connection to the internet using default windows firewall. So just follow up the guide to block the program(s). so follow steps of guide and you can block any program on windows using it's firewall. it is very easy guide for windows firewall.
Instructions of Windows Firewall
- First of all, open up the run dialog box by pressing “WIN+R” keys.
- Type in “wf.msc” & hit the enter button from keyboard to open the windows firewall controls (You can do this with start menu search form as well)
- From left pane, click on “Outbound rules” & you may come up with a bunch of allowed rules list, click on “New Rule” from right window.
- Now, select type as “Program” & hit the next button, it will ask you for the path (folder) of the application that you want to block. Click on “Browse” button & search for the executable file.
- After you’re done with above step, hit the next button & it will take you to the next page.
- Make sure that “Block the application” is checked & hit next. In this window, make sure every checkbox is checked (for assuring proper blockage) & hit Next again.
- In next page, it will ask you for a name & description of the program which is blocked, this is for your reference, give a name to it & fill up a short description about it (to keep it sorted with other rules) & hit the finish button.
- That’s all, the program will be blocked by your firewall & windows won’t let it to connect to the internet.
Windows Firewall Video Instructions
Share and Comment !!